Hiroshima and Nagasaki Atomic
Wellington Botanic Garden
Peace Flame Garden
Sunday 4th August 2019
9am to 10:30am
In The Nearby Begonia House
Kindly please see 2018 archive, further
below, for locality map and
other general details.
How to get there:- Peace Flame east of Rose Garden by 15 on map ... (Please copy and paste link below)
To bring the nuclear weapons superpowers to their respectable senses in 2019
so that the global "Mayors For Peace 2020 Vision Campaign"
will be successful in bringing a world free of
nuclear weapons in 2020 with the
Doomsday Clock at 11pm.
Nuclear weapons are illegal by Geneva Conventions cruelty ban,
civilian protection, poisonous fallout and genetic damage. They
insult humanity's unity. A global abolition treaty is essential.
Nuclear weapons are incompatible with UN human rights.
To be defended by nuclear weapons, whose intention is to
very cruelly wipe out a city in seconds, is everything
that United Nations human rights are not.
Presented by the New Zealand Campaign
For Nuclear Disarmament and kindly
assisted by Wellington City
Council Park Staff.
All Welcome .
Archive of 2018 event
To expose the inhumanity of nuclear weapons, from the Hiroshima and Nagasaki
bombs' effects and their current inhuman readiness that demands their
urgent abolition for ever. The Doomsday Clock should be back
at 11:35pm now and kept to a rapid rate of large
hand dial windback. That's the task.
(Please copy and paste)
2018 Hiroshima and Nagasaki 73
0815 ... 6 August Hiroshima Peace Park Bell, Japan
Commemorating the cruel, inhuman, illegal atomic bombing of
Hiroshima and Nagasaki on 6 and 9 August 1945. They
caused rapid poisoning, followed by cancer
from genetic damage, after the blasts'
6 x sun flash and supersonic
winds' instant death.
10am - 11:30am Sunday 5 August, at the Peace Flame Garden
City side of Rose Garden, Wellington Botanic Garden.
Held in the nearby Tropical Begonia House if wet.
Presented by the New Zealand Campaign
For Nuclear Disarmament and kindly
assisted by Wellington City
Council Park Staff.
An invitation for college students, Embassy Representatives,
Politicians and others who want to speak for about
two minutes. Kindly please email the
organiser, Richard Tingey
What ...... Hiroshima and Nagasaki Bombing Commemoration
When ......................... 10am to 11:30am Sunday 5 August 2018
Where ...…......... Peace Flame Garden, by Lady Norwood Rose
Garden, Wellington Botanic Garden.
In the nearby Tropical Begonia House, if it's raining.
(Please copy & paste the map links below)
Please see "Waterfall and Peace Garden" near path 15 (mid far left)
in Garden Map. Access is via Centenial Entrance or Kinross Street.
(Please copy both lines below, as one link)
Why ............. To alert all, to the continued, Geneva Conventions
breaching, illegal threat, of city targeted, horrific, gene
damaging nuclear weapons. It must be stopped.
Nuclear weapons must be banned for ever.
World peace, under the UN Charter, must reign supreme.
Who ...….......... Run by NZCND, with the Wellington City Council
Park Staff's kind assistance.
(Please copy and paste)
New Zealand's Relevant International Treaty Commitments
and Strong Formal Alliances For The Event
 The UN Charter
 UN Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty
 1985 South Pacific Nuclear Free Zone Treaty
 United Nations 2017 Nuclear Weapon Ban Treaty
 1998 New Agenda Coalition NAC (Please copy and paste below)
Members Brazil, Egypt, Ireland, Mexico, New Zealand and South Africa
Make peace not war ...... The Russell Einstein Manifesto.
" Remember your humanity, and forget the rest."
(Please copy and paste the links below)
Pivotal Fact That Overwhelmingly Condemns
Nuclear Weapons As Absolutely Illegal
They cause genetic damage to bring death, within days, or cancer in months or years.
This is, as well as being mainly to kill civilians, in breach of the
Geneva Conventions and in a massively
cruel way, from blast and heat.
It's the event's theme for
2017 Hiroshima and Nagasaki 72
10am - 11:30am Sunday 6 August, at the Peace Flame Garden
City side of Rose Garden, Wellington Botanic Garden
Alarm Call Please see AWE nukes video below. Serco's logo is at 1min 25 sec.
www.awe.co.uk/about-us/corporate-video/ (Copy and Paste)
Removing nuclear weapons before they remove us
Pivotal Geneva Conventions' issue:- civilian safety
Kindly please copy and paste ^
Hiroshima Peace Song Sung at the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park on 6 August since 1947, except for 1950.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CB2GGafu6Q (copy and paste) Song starts at 22 seconds.
White clouds overhead,
the bell rings, the bell of peace,
echoing east and west,
to the summit of the sky.
We rise in courage
to regain our glory.
By the swelling blue waves,
the bell rings, the bell of peace,
sounding prayers far and wide,
north and south, to the depths of the sea.
We surmount our sorrow
and gaze ahead to the horizon.
In the clear, sparkling air,
The bell rings, the bell of peace,
pealing for our fondest hopes
to our borders and beyond,
reaching out to the world
and singing out in harmony.
Music by Minoru Yamamoto (1913 - 1996) Winner of a competition for the song.
Lyrics by Yoshio Shigezono, (1908 - 1980)
Please come to the Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Atomic Bombings' 72nd Anniversary, "Never Again"
Commemoration, to be held at Wellington's Botanic Garden, Peace Flame Garden, from
10am to 11:30am, Sunday 6th August 2017, or the nearby Begonia House if raining.
In conjunction with the Wellington City Council, run by the New Zealand Campaign
For Nuclear Disarmament. Hiroshima, Japan, was inhumanly, uranium atomic
bombed on 6 August 1945. Nagasaki's plutonium atomic bombing was
on 9 August. Soon after these civilian-populated cities' horrific tests,
USA agreed to the Japanese surrender. "2017 Hiroshima &
Nagasaki 72. Nuclear weapons' heavenly shoo".
Heavenly means for ultimate good and shoo
means to banish. This is New Zealand's,
Southern Cross Flag linked, galactic
oust of, already illegal, nuclear
(Copy and paste)
2017 Hiroshima and Nagasaki 72
10am - 11:30am Sunday 6 August, at the Peace Flame Garden
City side of Rose Garden, Wellington Botanic Garden
1. 10:00am ...Opening by Richard Tingey, NZCND, organiser
2. 10:03am....Sarah May will read the Mayor of Hiroshima's message and Imogen Norling will read the Mayor of Nagasaki's message, that are both to the Wellington Commemoration. They're students at Karori's Samuel Marsden Collegiate School, Wellington.
3. 10:15am.....Hon Peter Dunne, United Future Leader and Member of Parliament for the Ohariu Electorate.
4. Councillor Iona Pannett, Representing the Wellington City Council
5. Jackson Lacey, student, Scots College.
6. Nicola Willis, National Party candidate for the Wellington Central Electorate
7. His Excellency Mr José Traslosheros Hernandez, Ambassador, Embassy of Mexico, Wellington
8. Hon Grant Robertson, Member of Parliament for Wellington Central and Labour Party representative.
9. Ralph Zambrano and Joseph Sison, students, St Patrick's College Wellington.
10. Joy Dunsheath, National President of the United Nations Association of New Zealand
11. Councillor Brian Dawson. Representing the Wellington City Council
12. Mira Karunandhi, student, Queen Margaret College
13. Closing Comments
At 11:15am (8:15am Japan time) the Peace Bell will be rung 8 times to coincide with dropping of the atomic bomb over Hiroshima on 6 August 1945 at 8:15am
Programme of the Event
To be updated when all of the speakers confirm
10:00 am. 1 minute Introduction by organiser
10:05 am Mayor of Hiroshima's Message to the commemoration read by a Samuel Marsden Collegiate School pupil
10:15 am Mayor of Nagasaki's Message to the commemoration read by a Samuel Marsden Collegiate School pupil
10:20 am First speech followed by a balanced mix of college students' and older people's speeches'
11:00 am CD played of Hiroshima Peace Song that's sung at the annual Hiroshima Peace Park Ceremony
11:15 am Observance of the 8:15am (Japan time) moment that the Hiroshima atomic bomb was dropped
11:30 am Limit of Ceremony and closure
Wellington Botanic Garden Map
Kindly please copy and paste the addresses in green
http://wellington.govt.nz/~/media/maps/files/botanicmap.pdf Wellington City Council Map
https://www.google.co.nz/maps/place/Bolton+St,+Wellington/@-41.2801684,174.7681677,298m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x6d38b1d57ffb0569:0x9ecb8bb6aee75757!8m2!3d-41.280237!4d174.7731762 Google Earth view
The Peace Flame Garden is by (15) on the map's mid far left, as the "Waterfall and Peace Garden".
It's at the hill side, under the large tree, by The Lady Norwood Rose Garden path to the centre
fountain and by the road to the Begonia House. Entry from Glenmore Street is
uphill north-east, "One-Way", via the Centennial Entrance. Exit is
passed Anderson Park, the Seddon Memorial, to Kinross
Street, joining Bolton Street. Kindly please
note the nearby Tropical Begonia
House for if it's wet.
New Zealand's Southern Cross Stars Flag linked, 2017
Hiroshima and Nagasaki 72, Heavenly Shoo
or galactic oust, of already illegal,
and disgusting nuclear
At 8:15am, on 6 August 1945, Hiroshima was the first city to experience the cruel fury
of an atomic weapon, from a uranium based chain reaction. On 9 August 1945,
at 11:02am, the City of Nagasaki was the next to be devastated like this but
with a plutonium device. Over 230,000 were killed in the two blasts.
We hope there will never be a third city so treated, anywhere.
The suffering of the victims of these attacks was
unlike anything before, with burns, radiation
sickness and glass shard
New Zealand is a member of the New Agenda Coalition [NAC] with Brazil, Egypt, Ireland, Mexico and
South Africa. It's to speed up progress towards the global abolition of nuclear weapons by jointly
speaking up in high alarm over this lack of progress. We highlight the current "hair trigger"
deployment of three thousand nuclear weapons that are continually ready to fire
in as low as ten minutes notice of a warning. Moreover, our coalition
emphasizes that the use of even one nuclear weapon
would bring unprecedented suffering and
damage to a large city as are
Kindly please copy
and paste these 2 & the 6 links for
the six nations' NAC statements.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Agenda_Coalition ..... Wikipedia on the New Agenda Coalition
5. http://www.nti.org/learn/treaties-and-regimes/new-agenda-coalition/ A full description with New Zealand's statements
The South Pacific Nuclear Free Zone Treaty
The Treaty of Rarotonga
It's the foundation of the "New Zealand
Nuclear Free Zone, Disarmament,
and Arms Control Act 1987"
It's Article 3(c) is a very clear non encouragement clause preventing
respect of overseas nuclear weapons activity, from within
the New Zealand Nuclear Weapons Free Zone.
"Each Party undertakes not to take any action
to assist or encourage the manufacture
or acquisition of any nuclear
explosive device by
Nuclear Free Zone,
Disarmament, and Arms Control
Act 1987". Section 5(2)(b) states that, "No person,
who is a New Zealand citizen or a person ordinarily resident
in New Zealand, and who is a servant or agent of the Crown, shall,
beyond the New Zealand Nuclear Free Zone, aid, abet, or procure any person
to manufacture, acquire, possess, or have control over any nuclear explosive device."
1. Epic Event On 6 August 1985, the "South Pacific Nuclear Free Zone Treaty" was signed in Rarotonga. It's also "The Treaty of Rarotonga." Article 3 is "Renunciation of nuclear explosive devices". It's a total ban.
http://disarmament.un.org/treaties/t/rarotonga/text ....... The Treaty of Rarotonga text (Kindly please copy and paste both)
http://disarmament.un.org/treaties/t/npt/text .......... UN Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty text (please see preamble's end)
2. Anchor Point The basis of the "New Zealand Nuclear Free Zone, Disarmament, and Arms Control Act 1987", number 86 is The Treaty of Rarotonga. It extends from Australia to Pitcairn Island. The Treaty of Tlatelolco then takes over, through Easter Island and on to the Caribbean and Latin America, for a zone covering over half the circumference of the southern hemisphere, including Antarctica.
3. Rejected The Treaty's Article 3, "Renunciation of nuclear explosive devices" is about New Zealand's rejection and disconnection from these utterly evil devices. Proof was on 6 & 9 August 1945, at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan. Article 3(c) bans "....any action to assist or encourage the manufacture or acquisition of any nuclear explosive device by any State." New Zealand's officially discourages everything about nuclear weapons, including their manufacture and maintenance, by companies like Lockheed-Martin and Serco. It's an "active and effective contribution, by New Zealand, to the essential process of disarmament."
4. Active and Effective The 8 June 1987 New Zealand Nuclear Free Zone Act is, "....to promote and encourage an active and effective contribution by New Zealand to the essential process of disarmament and international arms control....." Like the 1985 regional treaty's Article 3(c), the 1987/86 local Act's Section 5(2)(b), bans the encouragement of overseas nuclear weapons activity.(Kindly please copy and paste the link to S.5(2)(b) in point 12.[d] below) The International Peace Symbol, or CND ban the bomb sign is officially, absolutely, ours. It symbolizes what New Zealand is solemnly, legally, committed to, in promoting peace.
5. Tainted but used The New Zealand Government appears to severely deviate from this specific, Article 3(c)commitment. Ardent workers who strive for a nuclear weapons free world:- Please be alarmed! It officially approved the, deeply nuclear weapons tainted, Serco, to do the day to day work, at the Auckland South Corrections Facility. (ASCF) It's a men's prison at Wiri that's under the ultimate control of the Department of Corrections. They've denied any wrong doing, to the author, as has the Minister of Corrections. New Zealand's Parliamentary renunciation of nuclear explosive devices is a total departure from this evil. There are no grades, levels or degrees of renunciation. It's absolute, as a recovering alcoholic must never touch alcohol again, as a Police Officer upholds all of a nation's laws or as a king abdicates.
6. 29 years ignored Had Government Ministers and the Department of Corrections intensely studied the Treaty of Rarotonga, they'd have seen it incorrectly in Schedule 1 of the "New Zealand Nuclear Free Zone, Disarmament, and Arms Control Act 1987". There was a serious error in it for 29 years. The "Article 3" heading was missing. The crucial Article 3 was shown as if part of Article 2. The author had been quoting a non-existant Article 2(2)(c) to them. It was shown, as if this, for Article 3(c). It remains as if 2(2)(c), until corrected, in the law book form, all over New Zealand. It's been admirably corrected in "Legislation" on-line.
7. Alien nuclear weapon culture Article 3(c) is the key article that stops a hypocritical claim to be an anti nuclear weapon nation when giving "green for go", "ticked box" approval to a maker and maintainer, as a role model for prisoners' reform. The UK can correctly say that our stance on nuclear weapons is suspect, while Serco make and maintain their Trident nuclear weapons warheads in Aldermaston yet, are allowed to run the day to day activities at the ASCF. Serco are of an alien, rejected, nuclear weapons approving culture, to New Zealand. They would seem to have no "Treaty of Rorotonga respecting place", in any Government, or Government agent, operation here. For instance, SecureFuture is a company that's contracted to the Government at the ASCF, who employ Serco in New Zealand. Our nuclear free law's section 5(2)(b) applies to Government agents as well. It's watertight and loophole free. Rt. Hon. David Lange ensured that, as an astute legal professional, in 1987.
8. How did it happen? The author contacted the Parliamentary Counsel Office, who first got advice from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. The Treaty of Rarotonga's Article 2 and 3 were then corrected. The alleged breach of the Treaty of Rarotonga, at the Wiri Prison, by having a nuclear weapons maker respected, as if an honourable role model, is a crucial matter for our consideration. How were our South Pacific Nuclear Free Zone Treaty commitments and nuclear free zone law requirements misunderstood? We constructively commemorate the 6 and 9 August 1945 atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 2017, at the Botanic Garden, Peace Flame Garden, on Sunday 6 August, in a combined, commemorative, 10am to 11:30am event.
9. Early August global events These aim to get positive action towards a global ban, in the near future, via the UN Draft Nuclear Weapons Prohibition Convention. It's been under discussion at the UN, resulting in the final draft of 6 July 2017. Kindly please see the link in 12[a], plus copy and paste:- http://www.icanw.org/ Hibakusha, a Japanese word for atomic bomb victims, are uniquely mentioned in this draft's sixth preamble point with, "Mindful of the unacceptable suffering of and harm caused to the victims of the use of nuclear weapons (hibakusha), as well as of those affected by the testing of nuclear weapons," However, specific mention of Hiroshima and Nagasaki is absent from this and the nuclear free zone treaty texts mentioned here. It's why we put so much attention on these cities' experiences, during the 6 and 9 August events.
10. Hibakusha respect New Zealand is coldly unsupportive of Hibakusha, nuclear weapons victims, with Serco at the Wiri prison. These Hiroshima, Nagasaki and test area atomic bomb victims must be warmly supported and revered for their crucial message to us of, "Never Again". Serco's immediate removal from the prison is essential for this. New Zealand is fully committed to Article 3(c) of the Treaty of Rarotonga, "Renunciation of nuclear explosive devices". Makers and maintainers of these devices are thereby rejected too. They're unfit to do Government work in nuclear free New Zealand. We formally broke away from the sickening nuclear weapons degradation in 1985 and added prison penalties in the 1987 number 86 Act. We've officially left this evil forever. We admirably ban nuclear weapons but shamefully respect and pay a maker. That's bad. This apparent state sponsored duplicity must stop. Serco must leave the ASCF for us to truly follow our Treaty of Rarotonga, Article 3(c) commitment, not to encourage nuclear weapons activity.
11. Mission to remove nuclear weapons New Zealand wants the total disestablishment of atomic/nuclear weapons, globally. Serco help to make and maintain the UK's Trident nuclear weapons' warheads, in England's Aldermaston and Burghfield factories. They're the UK locations of the Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE) partnership of Serco, Lockheed Martin and Jacobs Engineering. This AWE Corporate video, shown here once more, explains it's work, with the partners' individual logos at 1min 25sec.
www.awe.co.uk/about-us/corporate-video/ ........... Kindly please copy and paste to see the Serco logo.
12. A common requirement The discouragement of nuclear weapons possession, by any other nation, is a key aspect of treaties for the abolition of nuclear weapons, including the 6 July 2017 Draft UN Global Convention on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons, with it's Article 1(1)(e) and the Treaty of Tlatelolco's Article 1(2), plus the New Zealand nuclear free zone law of 1987, in Section 5(2)(b), as well as the Treaty of Rorotonga's Article 3(c) encouragement ban. Encourage 1. to inspire or 2. to stimulate. (Collins Dictionary)
[a] http://undocs.org/A/CONF.229/2017/L.3/Rev.1 Draft UN Convention on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons for Article 1(1)(e)
[b] http://www.opanal.org/en/text-of-the-treaty-of-tlatelolco/ Treaty of Tlatelolco ..... for Article 1(2)
[c] http://disarmament.un.org/treaties/t/rarotonga/text Treaty of Rarotonga ......... For Article 3(c)
[d] http://legislation.govt.nz/act/public/1987/0086/latest/DLM115141.html?search=y_act_2017_1987_ac%40ainf%40anif_an%40bn%40rn_25_a&p=1 S. 5(2)(b)
13. Influence abroad It's often assumed, even by some Government officials, that the New Zealand nuclear free zone Act of 1987, is only to prevent nuclear weapons activities within New Zealand's nuclear free zone. It isn't, exclusively, for that. Clauses in points 12(a),(c) and (d) above, deal with New Zealand's potential to influence other nations from within the zone. They ban giving encouragement to any nation's nuclear weapons warhead activities. For instance, not honouring the UK's and USA's nuclear weapons warhead makers, Serco, Lockheed-Martin and Jacobs Engineering. Serco are used at the Wiri prison and Lockheed-Martin sponsor the annual New Zealand Defence Industry Association Forums. They've been held in local government controlled buildings in Wellington and Auckland.
14. Worldwide New Zealand is admirably and inspirationally known, everywhere, as the strongest opponent of nuclear weapons. Rt. Hon. David Lange's, March 1985, Oxford Union Debate speech, is world famous.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCZFPfe0LvA ............... Key statement at 29min 35sec (Kindly please copy and paste)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_nuclear-free_zone ........ Rt. Hon . David Lange's legacy " " "
The use of Serco at the Wiri prison undermines and frustrates this influential reputation. Serco globally use a common logo and have a group chief executive officer. It's a global enterprise, as seen in their website. It refers to Serco's over 50,000 staff worldwide.
[a] www.serco.com << Kindly please copy and paste [a] [b] [c]
15. Fourth Nuremberg Principle It's up to private citizens to also uphold and promote the laws of our land and international law. We've a personal responsibility, irrespective of whether or not the state is following it's own rules or those of the UN Charter and Geneva Conventions. Our nuclear free zone law promotes and encourages "an active and effective contribution, by New Zealand, to the essential process of disarmament and international arms control". The urgent abolition of nuclear weapons is an essential part of this process. It's based on the inhuman effects of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. These cities' citizens and land were devastated as never before. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_principles .......... Kindly please copy and paste
16. Nuclear weapons are for aiming at civilians in large cities The August 1945 atom bomb effects show how current nuclear weapons would be so much worse. This absolutely dictates that all nuclear weapons must be abolished immediately. A typical W87 nuclear warhead is twenty times as powerful as the Hiroshima bomb. (kindly please see 2016 Archive photo further below) Targeted, glass canyoned cities would have 800kph+ hyper hurricanes of piercing glass splinters. Hiroshima and Nagasaki's windows were transformed into millions of dagger-like weapons. A volcanic eruptions' falling ash, hot gas blasts and red hot falling rocks are beyond our control. Nuclear weapons' heat, blast effects, radiation and poisonous fallout are certainly not. It's time that this reality was fully realized globally and acted upon. Nuclear weapons are relatively easy to abolish on this basis. Our mission is to remove the volcano style hopelessness towards nuclear weapons by showing how their removal is well within human capabilities.
17. Shards of broken glass City dwellers have a duty to themselves to sensibly peacefully protest at this outrage. Otherwise, the nuclear weapons nations will think that we're grateful for this continual state of threatened instant vapourization or agonizing days, months or lifetimes of suffering. We certainly aren't. Removal of this threat is our essential task. Hibakusha recent cremation remains sometimes have glass blobs to reveal over seven decades of possible suffering from embedded glass spikes. "Some people were struck by so many shards of broken glass that some of the glass had to be left inside their bodies." What more does anyone need to be convinced in the need for nuclear weapons' urgent global abolition?
http://blogs.icrc.org/law-and-policy/2016/08/09/hiroshima-nagasaki-atomic-bomb-survivors/ ........... Kindly please copy and paste
18. Ten fallacies concerning Hiroshima and Nagasaki's atomic bombing and today's threats.
Dr. David Krieger, who's the President of the Nuclear Age Peace Foundation [NAPF], has ten such myths in their website, with a very thorough rebuttal for each.
Ten myths and rebuttals in the NAPF website ..... http://www.wagingpeace.org/ten-myths-about-nuclear-weapons/
NAPF's ten myths that falsely glorify nuclear weapons
(1) Nuclear weapons were needed to defeat Japan in World War II.
(2) Nuclear weapons prevented a war between the United States and the Soviet Union.
(3) Nuclear threats have gone away since the end of the Cold War.
(4) The United States needs nuclear weapons for its national security.
(5) Nuclear weapons make a country safer.
(6) No leader would be crazy enough to actually use nuclear weapons.
(7) Nuclear weapons are a cost-effective method of national defense.
(8) Nuclear weapons are well protected and there is little chance that terrorists could get their hands on one.
(9) The United States is working to fulfill its nuclear disarmament obligations.
(10) Nuclear weapons are needed to combat threats from terrorists and “rogue states.”
Murray Richard Tingey (called Richard)
2016 Hiroshima and Nagasaki 71
0815 6 August Hiroshima Peace Park bell
A New Zealand New Agenda Coalition Membership Based Event
For Best Progress Towards A Nuclear Weapons Free World.
Please come to the Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Atomic Bombings' 71st Anniversary,
"Never Again" Commemoration, to be held at Wellington's Botanic Garden,
Peace Flame Garden, from 10am to 11:30am, Sunday 7th August 2016.
It will be held in the nearby Tropical Begonia House if it's raining.
"2016 Hiroshima and Nagasaki 71 to get their serenity won"
Humanity's combined brain power, united in harmony
overwhelms nuclear weapons' fire power.
It's time nuclear weapons nations
realized that 24:7 inhuman
to be invited from
Embassies, City Council,
political parties, colleges, organisations
and individuals. Hiroshima and Nagasaki Mayors'
messages, especially for the event, will be read by students.
The 6 and 9 August 1945, atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
caused 113,000+ deaths on those days and 226,000+ over the next four months.
Injuries were from instant flash burns and various radiation induced effects, including cancers.
They absolutely proved that the bombings were totally inhuman and of a cruel form, never to be repeated.
Wellington City Library Childrens' Peace Art Display. Tumanako ! Hiroshima Hope.1pm - 3pm 7 August 2016
11:35am Peace Walk, if not raining, from Peace Flame Garden event, will pass peace points, to art display.
http://www.sginz.org/hope .... Tumanako ! Hope ! Childrens' art works display for a peaceful world. Entries close 28 July 2016.
1. Richard Tingey, organiser, one minute introduction. NZ Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament.
2. Nicole Chan, Madhu Guthpe, Sarah May and Milly Brunel, representing Samuel Marsden Collegiate School, will read the special messages, for the Commemoration, from the Mayors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
3. HE Ambassador Eduardo Gradilone of The Embassy of Brazil.
4. Her Worship the Mayor Celia Wade-Brown will read a poem by Hone Tuwhare.
5. Byron (Barney) Richards, Secretary, The Peace Council of Aotearoa New Zealand.
6. Tessa Porter and Japanese exchange student, Mei Totoki, representing Taita College.
7. Philippine Ambassador H.E. Jesus S. Domingo.
8. Katherine Lopez and Sarah Kmet, representing Queen Margaret College.
9. William Arrowsmith, Alvien Benitez and Tom Berry, representing Hutt International Boys' School.
10. James Barber, of Peace Action Wellington, on their current peace promotion projects.
11. Tyler Scholtz representing Scots College.
12. Anyone who would like a minute to speak.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki ......... Bombing details (copy & paste all links)
https://www.wagingpeace.org/issues/nuclear-weapons/nuclear-deterrence/ ........ The myth of nuclear weapons deterrence
www.cnduk.org ........ CNDUK Nuclear weapons abolition website. To see their excellent "Global Abolition" page, kindly please use "Campaigns" in their top navigation bar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2rEhYS46EA .................................................. Video of the two atomic bombed cities
Excellent Video of
The 2013 Commemoration
The Peace Garden and Waterfall are shown near (15) at the mid left side.
Organised by The New Zealand Campaign For Nuclear Disarmament
In conjunction with the Wellington City Council
Contact Person and independent organiser for NZCND
Murray Richard Tingey..... called Richard
56 Kings Drive
With a full sized representation of a current W87 re-entry vehicle.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W87 ..... (Copy & paste)
Used in the Minuteman III missile that has a 450 kiloton yield
or 30 times more powerful than the Hiroshima bomb.
"2016 Hiroshima and Nagasaki 71 to get their serenity won"
What message would uplift the spirit of the survivors of the
two cities that were nuclear bombed? Answer :-
100% Guaranteed Wellington assurance by
attenders at the commemoration that
nuclear weapons, were, are and
always will be diabolically
evil and totally illegal.
grossly violate the dominant
Geneva Conventions prime principle of
civilian protection. They're illegal chemical and
biological weapons, cause black rain radiation sickness,
cancers, birth defects and intergenerational genetic damage.
They insult humanity's unity. They've no legal right to exist, whatsoever.
Has New Zealand's law against Nuclear Weapons "got teeth"
when it comes to its ban on aiding and abetting nuclear
weapons manufacture and control? For instance,
should a nuclear weapons manufacturer be
allowed, under it, to run and manage
some New Zealand prisons?
Abet means to aid in evil.
New Zealand is fully committed
to opposing, and not encouraging the
manufacture of nuclear weapons via this law.
Kindly please see Section 5 (2) (b) which prevents Government run
funds from being invested in nuclear weapons manufacture. How much more
serious is the awarding of a contract, to assist two New Zealand prisons, to an enterprise
that makes evil nuclear weapons? It's the Serco conglomerate, with an overall chief executive
officer, that has one of it's divisions to evilly make, maintain, and control the transport of
nuclear weapons in Great Britain. It would seem to be very considerably more
serious, to a layperson. We must wake up to the evil of nuclear weapons.
http://www.cnduk.org/campaigns/no-to-trident/peace-camps/itemlist/category/13-trident?start=1 ... Nuclear bomb maker Serco
Serco have had their nuclear weapons contracts, in the UK, extended to 2025. There can be no doubt that New Zealand prisons can not be run or, in any way helped by Serco, under current New Zealand's strong anti nuclear weapons legislation.
http://www.corrections.govt.nz/about_us/working_with_us/partners/service_providers-Serco.html ............. NZ Prison provider
http://www.serco-ap.com.au/our-services/sectors/justice/ ...................... Guilty?
http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/jul/30/trident-bases-run-private-companies ......... Guardian article on Serco and others
http://www.serco-ap.com.au/our-services/our-work/auckland-south-corrections-facility/ ...............NZ Prison Provider
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_Weapons_Establishment ................ Wikipedia on Serco
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serco ................. Wikipedia on Serco
The next step
Kindly please decide if you would like to see the justice done here of making our stand against nuclear weapons fully effective and inspiring the rest of the world to stand up straight for a nuclear weapons free world at the earliest. We only need to realise that nuclear weapons are like an unwanted cancer to remove safely by medical expertise. We should have an "easy task" mindset towards this objective.
It's logical to feel powerless in the face of nature's huge forces such as volcanoes, tornadoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, meteors and solar flares but not, in the face of the nuclear weapons threat. They are not "Acts of God" and can be relatively easily abolished for ever. It's simply a matter of realizing their being under the control of human brains and so will be like wise permanently removed. It requires the right thinking, by the right number of people, to bring success.
When you have decided, simply ask the Minister of Justice, Hon Judith Collins, via post free letter, or email, to Parliament, to investigate why 1987 No. 86 Section 5 (2) (b) has not prevented nuclear weapons manufacturer Serco from running or in any way assisting two New Zealand prisons. Kindly please say that it should have been prevented because New Zealand is opposed, under legislation, to evil nuclear weapons and so certainly must not do anything to encourage or assist, in any way, their manufacture, improvement or transport.
Finally Be alerted to an astonishing fact in New Zealand, over our neglect to officially recognize inhuman treatment and punishment as wrong. It's required, under our responsibilities, as a diligent United Nations Member State, who has ratified Article 7 of the binding International Convention of Civil and Political Rights, to be in force.
Kindly please see this website for details and the need for prompt Government action to correct:-
Act Now Remember please, if you would be so kind, that a letter to the Minister of Justice, Hon. Amy Adams, at Parliament is free, like an email, and will be doubly effective, since the writer has initiated correspondence on it with her. Unless New Zealand, nationally, officially, fully recognizes inhuman treatment and punishment as wrong, how can it properly, officially, internationally recognise the suffering of the Japanese people, who were inhumanly atomic bombed on the 6 and 9 August 1945? In many cases they still suffer both in hospitals and with their families.
Most importantly, they alert us, as their having been unfortunate "human guinea pigs", to the far worse potential of today's 24/7 deployed nuclear weapons, which monstrously depend on glass walled cities to target for vapourization and to cause supersonic hurricanes of glass splinters.
Nuclear weapons abolition is a relatively easy task for everyone to become involved with. We merely need to expose, how they always were, are and always will be illegal.
http://www.ippnw.org/pdf/mgs/2-2-wilson.pdf .......... Health based illegalities
http://www.cnduk.org/campaigns/global-abolition/legalities ........ International treaty based illegalities
Sent: Monday, 8 August 2016 2:15 a.m.
To: Richard Tingey
Subject: RE: 2016 Hiroshima and Nagasaki 71
Thank you very much for sending the information to the Ambassador over the weekend. At his request I am sending you the message he delivered at the Hiroshima and Nagasaki Commemoration yesterday:
PEACE FLAME GARDEN –WELLINGTON - BOTANIC GARDEN – 7 AUGUST 2016)
Tena koutou katoa, kia ora e hoa ma.
Her Worship Celia Wade-Brown, Mr Richard Tingey, my colleagues, ladies and gentlemen.
Those who watched yesterday the opening of the Olympic Games in Brazil noticed the strong message of alert to what improper human behavior can do to our environment and the resulting consequences it can bring to our lives. Nuclear weapons pose even more damaging and unpredictable consequences, due to the instabilities of our world today.
Brazil holds the largest Japanese community outside Japan, so the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki 71 years ago are remembered with a special sadness. Having been posted to our Embassy in Tokyo for several years, and having visited the memorials of the bombings in those cities, I could verify very vividly the magnitude of the consequences of these events.
Brazil fortunately lives in one of the most pacific regions of the world, where nuclear weapons where banned since 1967 with the Tlatelolco Treaty signed by all Latin American countries. The Brazilian Constitution prohibits the development of nuclear arms. We have an agreement with Argentina stablishing a system of mutual inspections of our nuclear installations, to assure that they are being used only for pacific purposes.
Brazil and many other countries are very unhappy with the way that the NPT is being implemented, because we signed it in confidence that its clause regarding disarmament would be properly enforced. We are working with other countries, including New Zealand, to press nuclear countries to fulfill their obligations according to the NPT. We also adhere to the new emphasis of the humanitarian aspect in the campaign for the total abolishment of nuclear weapons.
Let me conclude expressing my full endorsement of the contents of letters from the mayors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, read minutes ago by New Zealand and international students. The lack of advances in the implementation of the TNP, instead of being the cause for demotivation, has to strengthen our resolve and perseverance in our campaign for the abolishment of nuclear arms.
(Eduardo Gradilone, Ambassador of Brazil)
PA to the Ambassador of Brazil
Embassy of Brazil in Wellington
Maritime Tower, Level 13
10 Customhouse Quay
PO Box 5432
DDI: (04) 924 2433
Tel: (04) 473 3516 ext. 5
Hiroshima and Nagasaki 70th Anniversary Commemoration. Wellington Botanic Garden
Peace Flame Garden. 10:30am to 11:30am Sunday 2 August 2015
Programme and Speaking List
10:20am .... Speakers assemble below the Peace Flame Garden to introduce themselves to Richard Tingey, Co-organiser.
10:30am ... Start Time with opening comments by Richard Tingey and the first speakers introduced who will read the Hiroshima and Nagasaki Mayors' messages followed by the speakers as listed.
1. Betty-Alice Orr-Mcfaull and Nina Richardson. Samuel Marsden Collegiate School students who will read the Hiroshima and Nagasaki Mayor's messages to the Peace Flame Garden Commemoration.
3. Councillor Sarah Free. Wellington City Councillor.
Estimated 11:45am closing followed by casual chatting.
Here's a poem about what we're focused on urgently stopping, via global
nuclear weapons abolition, for an enduring, healthy humanity.
It's "The Merry-Go-Round" by David Krieger, President
of the Nuclear Age Peace Foundation, NAPF.
The end could begin with a missile launched by accident.
And then the response would be deliberate, as would be
the counter-response, and on and on until we were all
Or, it could be deliberate from the outset, an act
of madness by a suicidal leader, setting the end in motion.
First, the blasts and mushroom clouds. Then the fires
and burning cities and the winds driving the fires, turning
humans into projectiles, and all of it mixed with deadly
radiation. Finally, for the last act, the soot from destroyed
cities rising into the upper stratosphere, blocking the sunlight
and the temperatures falling into a frozen Ice Age, followed
by mass starvation.
If any humans were left to name it, they might call it
“Global Hiroshima,” but none would be left.
It would be ugly for a while, eerily still and silent
for some stretch of time, but no one would be there
to observe. Still, the Earth would go on rotating
around the sun and the universe would go on expanding.
Only we humans would be off the not-so-merry-go-round.
CNDNZ, in conjunction with Wellington City Council, is pleased
to announce that a 70th Anniversary, Commemoration of the
Hiroshima and Nagasaki 6 and 9 August 1945 Atomic
Bombings, will be held at the Wellington Botanic
Garden Peace Flame Pond Garden, 10:30 AM
to 11:30 AM, Sunday 2nd August 2015.
It will be held in the nearby tropical
Begonia House if it's raining.
The Peace Flame Garden is by
(15), at the far left.
Above Murray "Richard" Tingey beside a full size representation of a W87 re-entry vehicle
with a nuclear blast thirty times that of Hiroshima's. The red, second stage "H" bomb,
is a mere 20cm in diameter. We're focused on removing, for ever,
this and all nuclear weapons that are illegal anyway.
Commemoration Co-Organiser, Richard Tingey
CNDNZ. email firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone:- (06) 368 8587 Levin
Hiroshima Peace Park, Japan, 6 August Ceremony Bell
24 hours after - Hiroshima
1. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=24+Hours+After+-+Hiroshima+ ..... YouTube with sadly uncensored rude comments.
45:41m National Geographic video of the Hiroshima Bomb and its effects.
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFUVN0pJayY ....................... 1945 USA military film with civilian deaths downplayed.
Especially kindly please note the Jesuit Priest's Account. He had typical glass spike injuries.
ie. his, "When will the moralists give a clear answer to this question?"
3. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W87 ............... Present W87 re-entry "vehicle" nuclear weapon that's twenty times more
powerful than 6 August 1945 Hiroshima's yet, one twentieth the weight.
4. http://www.un.org/disarmament/content/slideshow/hibakusha/ .............................. Vital United Nations website with links to
Hibakusha Testimonies ("A" bomb survivors) websites.
Hiroshima and Nagasaki's vapourizing atomic weapons blasts of 6th and 9th August 1945, caused survivors'
fatal, immediate radiation sickness. Decades of terrible suffering followed from radiation induced
cancers, birth defects, severe burn disfigurements and glass spikes which often penetrated
too deeply to remove safely. Immediate deaths were 80,000 in Hiroshima and
40,000 in Nagasaki. By 1946 it was 135,000 and 50,000 respectively.
"Never again" anywhere, is surely the only humane
response to this unnecessary calamity. It was
also illegal. Civilians must never be
targeted for attack,via the
"Human Beings and Nuclear Weapons cannot co-exist indefinitely"
Quote from the Hibakusha, who are the "A" bombings' survivors.
Speakers will be asked from political parties, embassies,
The City Council, organisations and colleges.
A random order, confirmed speakers
list, as at Friday 31 July
2015, is as follows.
1. Students Sabrina Kao and Mio Shirataki. Queen Margaret College ............................................. http://www.qmc.school.nz/
2. Valerie Morse. Peace Action Wellington ........................................................ https://peaceactionwellington.wordpress.com/
3. Dr. Roderic Alley. The Peace Foundation ..................................... http://www.peace.net.nz/content/dr-rod-alley-wellington
4. Tim Wright. ICAN Australia ........................................................................... http://www.icanw.org/au/ican-australia-people/
5. Mayor Celia Wade-Brown. Wellington City Council ................ http://wellington.govt.nz/your-council/mayor-and-councillors/mayor-celia-wade-brown
6. Olivia Pearless. Samuel Marsden Collegiate School Student ................................................................. http://marsden.school.nz/
7. Betty-Alice Orr-Mcfaull and Nina Richardson. ......... Samuel Marsden Collegiate School students who will read the Hiroshima and Nagasaki Mayor's messages.
8. Sebastian Draper. Scots College Student ...... ...................................................................... http://www.scotscollege.school.nz/
9. Councillor Sarah Free. Wellington City Councillor ..................... http://wellington.govt.nz/your-council/mayor-and-councillors/councillors/sarah-free
11. Mr Eduado Gradilone. Ambassador. Embassy of the Federative Republic of Brazil .............. http://www.brazil.org.nz/page/splash.aspx
12. Dr. Graham Hassall..................................................................United Nations Association of New Zealand, National President
13. Alvien Benitez, William Arrowsmith and Jaiden Moir. Hutt International Boys' School students.......... http://www.hibs.school.nz/
Eight Point Background Information to the Hiroshima and Nagasaki Day, 70th Anniversary Commemoration, 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM 2nd August 2015
at The Peace Flame Pond Garden. A Café is in the
nearby beautiful tropical Begonia House.
The Helen Caldicott Foundation Symposium
28 February - 1 March 2015
Below Levin, Cambridge street, Public Rose Garden rose.
"Severing Seven Myths On The Seventieth"
Kindly please click "2014 Commemoration"
page at last in the top strip, for location
and various information links, or below.
Above Peace Flame and pond garden
Nuclear Age Peace Foundation Kelly Lectures. Dr Helen Caldicott's
2015 lecture: Preserving the future.
"Remember Your Humanity and Forget The rest."
Albert Einstein and Bertrand Russell quote.
The Russell / Einstein Manifesto
Kindly please hear Bertrand Russell speak in the above link.
Below The Doomsday Clock At 11:57 PM, As A Global Risk Assessment
The Bulletin Of Atomic Scientists website http://www.thebulletin.org/
Below Link to the poem on what we're vigourously working at to avoid.
Warning!!! It has a vivid, chilling, human
ban nuclear weapons
Above Mr Byron (Barney) Richards and waiting student speakers at the 2007 Commemoration
Below The Peace Flame Garden
Three step success formula
for abolishing nuclear
 Realize that, individually, we don't want to be killed or injured by a nuclear weapon.
 Emphasise to all that we also don't want this fate to fall on anyone else, anywhere.
 To combine, with all people, to demand that all nuclear weapons
nations immediately deactivate and destroy all of their stocks of nuclear
weapons, as an act of humanity, under UN control. We claim this
justice right, as a united global family, who these weapons
depend upon, in large cities, to threaten with instant
vapourization, fatal radiation sickness, cancers,
birth defects and slow, painful death. We
want our humanity respected. The
targeting of civilians with
attack is illegal.
1. http://www.cnduk.org/campaigns/global-abolition/legalities Nations must never make civilians the object of attack
2. http://www.cnduk.org/information/briefings/trident-briefings/item/1700-trident-the-facts ......... Doubts answered about nuclear weapons
3. www.lcnp.org/disarmament/threatoruse.pdf ................................................ The clear illegality of nuclear weapons.
4. http://thebulletin.org/international-humanitarian-law-and-nuclear-weapons-irreconcilable-differences ......... scientists'
5. https://www.icrc.org/en/war-and-law/weapons/nuclear-weapons ....... Civilians protected from atomic weapons
6. https://www.icrc.org/eng/war-and-law/weapons/nuclear-weapons/overview-nuclear-weapons.htm ....... Radiation illness
7. https://www.icrc.org/eng/resources/documents/audiovisuals/video/2014/rules-of-war.htm .......................... In a nutshell.
Ceremony Programme of 2013 Hiroshima and Nagasaki
Commemoration at the Peace Flame at
The Wellington Botanic Garden
2 pm to 4 pm Sunday
4 August 2013